New Repeater on Duckwall Mountain works well in Twain Harte

Regular Traffic
Transmit and receive general chat from our county and neighboring counties.
GMRS radio networks are quickly growing into an essential part of alternative communications.
Share your experience and ideas here.
OSCAR-03
Senior Broadcaster
Senior Broadcaster
Radio(s): Baofeng GM-15 PRO
Baofeng-UV5R
Kenwood TS 830S
CallSign(s): KK6QPP
WRYV681
OSCAR-03

New Repeater on Duckwall Mountain works well in Twain Harte

Post by OSCAR-03 »

The new Repeater on Duckwall Mountain works well in Twain Harte and I recommend Net Control Station begin using it. The coverage will be a huge improvement for all neighborhoods.

Please contact Chris as per the information below:

By Chris Passeau.
We have added a GMRS repeater on Duckwall. We have been testing it for approximately 2 months now and it’s working well. Coverage along Hwy. 108 and Hwy. 120 is great. If you can see Duckwall. You can hit the repeater. We are using repeater channel 462.7250 with a PL of 192.8. Our Groveland Net is Saturday nights at 7:00 pm. If you are on the Hwy. 108 side and would like to start a net, please let me know. I am still requesting GMRS users to first request permission before using repeaters so that I can validate their GMRS license. GMRS users can contact me by joining the Tullamore County GMRS Facebook page or at chris.passeau@gmail.com. Thank you, Mark N6NEZ, WRME405. and Greg WA6HNA for the installation on Duckwall.

Thanks to all that helped with the testing.

Note: in the next few weeks if we start getting interference, or if we have interference with stations down in the valley, we may change the duck wall frequency.
Duckwwall Map.jpg
OSCAR-03